The Sorting Office
It’s the run-up to Christmas at a Royal Mail sorting office in Bristol. It’s chaos, parcels pile up, get lost, arrive late or not at all. Temporary workers are recruited to cope with the increased volume, among them Alesha, a young woman in her twenties. Alesha’s manager is Auntie, an elderly Asian woman who has run the department for decades. Auntie holds the increasing chaos together through sheer force of will but she is at breaking point.
One day a parcel arrives at the depot addressed to Alesha. This is strictly against the rules and Alesha can’t work out who would send it to her anyway. She finds a quiet room to open the parcel but it turns out to be a special place for Auntie. In the ensuing confrontation, the two women face their inner demons as a violent event occurs which ultimately bonds them.
A play about ordinary people whose lives become caught up in the centre of a global catastrophe.
Written and Directed by Denise Stephenson
With special thanks to Kate Mounce
Shaheen Khan as Auntie
Leila McQuaid as Alesha
Tickets are sold on a pay-what-you-can basis. You will receive a link and password to the online production. 50% of the funds raised will be split amongst all those involved with the production, while the remaining 50% will be reinvested into The New Works Playhouse. You are free to view the production as many times as you wish during its run. The ticket will not be valid for future runs. Please do not share access details with anyone.
Run time: 19mins
- Pay-what-you-can £5 Ticket£5VAT included£5VAT included0£0
- Pay-what-you-can £7.50 Ticket£7.50VAT included£7.50VAT included0£0
- Pay-what-you-can £10 Ticket£10VAT included£10VAT included0£0
- Pay-what-you-can £12.50 Ticket£12.50VAT included£12.50VAT included0£0
- Pay-what-you-can £15 Ticket£15VAT included£15VAT included0£0
- Pay-what-you-can £17.50 Ticket£17.50VAT included£17.50VAT included0£0
- Pay-what-you-can £20 Ticket£20VAT included£20VAT included0£0
- Pay-what-you-can £22.50 Ticket£22.50VAT included£22.50VAT included0£0
- Pay-what-you-can £25 Ticket£25VAT included£25VAT included0£0